For a printable version of the Visitation Information (which includes all content as listed below), click here
Pickens County Detention Facility Visitation
The Pickens County Detention Facility's visitation procedure is implemented so that you, the visitor will not have to wait to visit. Appointments for visitation will have to be made at least 24 hours in advance by calling 205-367-2006. If you have not made an appointment there is no visit. Every inmate has a visitation list that includes 3 family members and 1 minister; only 2 family members are allowed to visit per session. In order for you to be able to make an appointment to visit you have to be on the visitation list. If the inmate you are trying to visit has refused to make their list, you will have to wait until he/she adds your name to their list. YOU CANNOT ADD YOURSELF to their list.
Monday - Friday (except holidays and court days)
9 a.m. - 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
188 Cemetery Street, Carrollton AL 35447
For Visitation Appointments Call:
205-367-2006 Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- The Detention Center makes background checks on all visitors. Visitors will need to provide their Social Security Number to the Detention Center prior to visiting.
- All Visitors (18 years of age or older) must have a valid state or federal ID card or driver's license with photograph and a current address.
- Visitors must sign a Visitor's Log
- Visitors cannot have ever been incarcerated in a prison or detention facility before.
- Each inmate is allowed 2 visits per month at 30 minutes each.
- One hour non-contact visits may be approved for visitors coming from more than 300 miles away from the Detention Facility.
- Attorneys can visit without an appointment. Same time regulation applies.
- Attorneys can go into jail side of visitation if they indicate the need.
- Visitors are not allowed to bring any items when visiting an inmate. All items including: purses, bags, mobile phones, recording devices, keys, writing instruments, weapons, etc. are prohibited. Items must be secured in the visitor's vehicle. Keys may be left with the secretaries in the front office. Visitor's personal property is subject to search and seizures. This also applies to professional visitors. Visitors may not give anything to an inmate.
- Tobacco products are not allowed during visits.
- Visitors will not be allowed to bring food or drinks into the visitation area.
- No packages, mail, or photographs may be left for an inmate.
- Vulgar language is not permitted.
- No revealing and/or see-through clothing.
- No sleeves shorter than halfway down the upper arm.
- No halter-tops.
- No swimwear.
- No spandex or tights without shorts/skirt.
- No dress/skirts/shorts above mid-thigh.
- No clothing displaying obscene or offensive language, drawings, or gang affiliations.
- No sleepwear.
- Any other clothing that may be deemed unacceptable will not be permitted.
- Undergarments shall be worn, including, but not limited to bras, panties, boxers, briefs, t-shirts, panty hose, etc.
- Visitors who appear to be under the influence of any intoxicant or who display unruly behavior will not be permitted to visit and are subject to arrest.
- Visitors and inmates are required to display appropriate behavior during visits.
- Physical contact between the inmate and the visitor is NOT permitted.
- Visitors are required to leave the visitation area upon announcement of the end to the visitation period or at any time as directed by a member of the Detention Facility staff.
- Children 15 years of age and younger should not be left unattended.
- If children exhibit uncontrollable behavior, they, along with the adult visitor will be asked to leave the Facility.
- An inmate can refuse to see a visitor.